October 4, 2009

Fall Housing Market Equals Very Motivated Sellers

I was talking to a few of my students this past week about their thoughts on the cyclical nature of the residential real estate market. Most people know that the Spring and early-Summer often times represent a spike in home sales volume. While this is the time that a significant number of people jump in a buy, I have found that the Fall and Winter months present some of the best buying opportunities around.

The main reason that I look forward to the Fall and Winter is because a lot of the home that are STILL for sale in October, were up for sale in the Spring, but were passed by. Sellers are typically VERY motivated coming into the holidays because they know that buyers are rare in the holiday months. Families don't like to move during the school year, especially during the holidays and homeowners looking to sell the properties are unlikely to get many offers at this time.

Rather than slow up your investing during this cyclical down period, be sure to keep your eyes on the prize and make more offers than you usually would... yours just might be the first one that the homeowner has seen in a long while. Even if they rejected your same offer 6 months ago, a seller may accept it (or less) now that they have lost yet another buying season.

Remember, if you follow the crowd, you are going to get what they have. If you want to get ahead, you have to be willing to put in the effort especially when the buying activity subsides.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your insight and observations regarding the Fall/Winter market. You make it so obvious; yes, opportunities will be there. Very motivated sellers are more anxious than ever.

    Somewhere in the not too distant past I started running toward "my Goliaths" (my fears, my doubts, my obstacles)instead of away from them, adding to that a "Get Motivated Seminar" to keep up the momentum, and then your "Financial Success Seminar" in CT, followed by many other actvities that I used to only procrastinate about or avoid. And now things are falling into place quite well, and its exciting! Most importantly, I now BELIEVE I can do this and it's just a matter of time and daily diligence. Yes, keeping one's eye on the prize is very important. That's where the joy is! I extend sincere thanks to you and your entire team for all that you do to help others succeed.


    Anne

    ReplyDelete